25 January 2010

Fantastic! Amazing! Spectacular!

As a blogger, I'm inconsistent and often indecisive.  When WoW.com put out a call for applications to write their resto and balance druid articles, I immediately wanted to apply - get paid for blogging?  Yes please! - but started to realize how very difficult it would be for me to come up with topics, and how very hard I would take criticism that all prominent WoW writers face, whether writing for a major site like WoW.com or maintaining a guide on the official forums.

Lissanna from Restokin.com was a natural choice for the job, but she declined to apply, as she's too busy with grad school...  So without Liss in the running, and with my own reluctance to apply, I sat back to wait and see who WoW.com would wind up with.   They've introduced new writers lately for several features, and I figured we'd end up with an obscure individual for the resto/balance druid column like myself, who knows some good resources and has a penchant for writing, but with a little more confidence.

Thus, today, when the announcement came, I was stunned.  I was astounded.  I was inordinately pleased.

One of the best known moonkin theorycrafters out there is the new WoW.com "voice of the boomkin" - Tyler Caraway, better known on the druid class forums, DPS role forum, and TheMoonkinRepository.com as Murmurs.

I did not expect Murmurs to apply.  I'm curious now about whether any of the other well known forum moonkins - from TMR, Elitist Jerks, or the official class forum - bothered to apply, and what kind of sample articles Murmurs provided.

One thing that makes me happy...  I will be able to read the moonkin posts on WoW.com without constantly second-guessing the theorycrafting behind the advice, since I know Murmurs will have done his research with all due diligence.

Excellent choice, WoW.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome... disagreement is fine, as long as the tone is civil. Objectionable comments will be deleted.