11 January 2010

What Ho! A Blog!

Well hello there, friends, guildies, bloggers, and complete strangers!

A little about me - personally, and as relates to this game we love, hate, and love to hate:  World of Warcraft.

Personally, I am a 30-something female, widowed about 18 months ago, no kids, 2 cats, and currently looking for a job.   I'm also very cautious about giving out too much personal information on teh interwebz, so I'm not going to link to my other blog (yes, I have one), my Facebook page (that too), talk about where I live, etc.  A few people - mostly guildies of mine - will know all manner of information that I won't be posting here.  Please respect my right to avoid stalkers, kthx.

WoW-wise, I came to the game a little later than some.  I was never a gamer, but I married one.  I watched him play a text MUD for about 3 years before I decided to give it a try, and when several of his good friends quit the MUD for World of Warcraft, I watched him play that for about 3 months before I gave in and bought my own copy.



I rolled my first character in September of 2005, a night elf druid that grabbed my attention after watching my husband leveling one, even though at the time druids were teh suck.  The shapeshifts were just the coolest thing ever to me.  An altaholic to the core, that first day I also rolled a human rogue, even though my friend Dave said "be prepared to hear nothing but 'full on rogues' when you try to get into a group".  I played them both off and on for a while, and my hubby played around with a few different characters as well, and then our friend Dave suggested I play a warrior for the sake of our group makeup, since he was halfway through leveling a priest at the time, and my hubby was playing around with a mage.   The warrior didn't suit me all that well, though I got her to level 44, with my other two characters in the upper 30's and low 40's, before I gave up on her and went back to the druid, post 1.8, and leveled her as feral.

We started out on Skullcrusher-US, which is a PVP server, because the majority of hubby's friends who were playing were on that server at the time.  There was a small faction of his college friends who were playing on a PVE server, and a few of his work buddies who played elsewhere, but the Skullcrusher crew were the real gamers, and most often online to chat with us and help us learn our way around.

I filled my character slots on Skullcrusher with alts galore, and scattered a few alts about other servers - horde and alliance alike.  I leveled slowly and finally hit 60 alongside my hubby's paladin in the summer of 2006.  By this point, our friend Dave was in an end game raiding guild, and had gotten us invited to their sister guild.  Lucid only allowed raiding mains and one alt per raider, so all other alts and friends/family were placed in Lucidity.

I got promoted to Lucid when they started losing members to real life, to further progressed guilds, and to the perceived futility of wiping for hours on end to progression fights when even T3 would be replaced with Outlands greens in just a few months.  And then there was division in the ranks between those who wanted to keep pushing to down C'Thun, and those who hated AQ40 with a passion and wanted to try to down as many bosses in Naxx as possible.  Many of them just didn't bother to show up for the instances they didn't want to raid, and eventually Lucid took a break from raiding until the expansion, while many of us dedicated a lot of time to PVP. 

After expansion, a group of dedicated players in our guild pushed to level to 70, geared up and started mastering Karazhan, while my hubby and I played more casually and took about a month to level.   The guild struggled with trying to keep a solid raiding base with two 10 man teams, and never made the transition to 25 man.  Eventually, the officers made the decision to part ways, some heading to Immortality, one of the top guilds on the server, others heading to Vindictive, which was a bit more laid back, and willing to take as many of our members who wanted to apply.  My friend Dave, as well as some of my favorite officers, chose Vind, so I followed along, despite the fact that they insisted I spec full resto.

I raided with Vindictive all through the rest of BC, from their first Magtheridon kill to Felmyst, when the combination of a very hard instance and another looming expansion killed interest in raiding.  I became a pretty solid healer during that time, with a strong interest in both feral and balance offspecs, and built a good set of gear for either.  I was getting frankly tired of healing the further into raid content we got, but I was competitive enough to do my absolute best nonetheless.

Once our token balance druid left the guild for a chance to finish Sunwell in Dark Entropy, I offered to switch to balance, but the officers felt it was more important to have strong healers for what remained of our progression attempts.  After we called off raiding, I switched my main to balance, and never looked back.  I also leveled my rogue, priest and mage to 70, and a prot pally to 60, and started a tauren balance druid alt on Khadgar-US, where my hubby and some of our friends had rerolled.

The release of WOTLK came very shortly after my husband passed away, and without a job or a social life, I threw myself into leveling and learning my class as quickly and as well as I could, to make sure I could hold my own as DPS and not get asked to switch back to healing.  Of course, with my main no longer a healer, I promptly leveled three alts to 80 and have them dual spec'd to heal.

Currently my lineup of  reasonably frequently played characters looks like this:

Kiliani - 80 NE Druid - Balance PVE/PVP dual specs - Skullcrusher-US
Kilikitty - 80 NE Druid - Feral tank/Resto PVE dual specs - Skullcrusher-US
Moofyre - 80 Tauren Druid - Balance PVE spec - Grizzly Hills-US  (yes, that's 3 level 80 druids...)
Facemeltress - 80 Human Priest - Holy/Shadow dual specs - Skullcrusher-US
Taressa - 80 Draenei Shaman - Enhancement/Resto dual specs - Skullcrusher-US
Tanasa - 77 Human Rogue - Currently unspec'd, usually Assassination - Skullcrusher-US
Leiseletta - 76 Gnome Mage - Frost spec for leveling - Skullcrusher-US
Foxface - 75 Draenei Hunter - BM spec for leveling - Skullcrusher-US
Marisiel - 62 Human Paladin - Currently unspec'd, usually Protection - Skullcrusher-US

I deleted my warrior because she bored me to make room for my feral/resto druid, my warlock is stuck at 21 (and I decided to hold off on leveling her and reroll worgen in Cataclysm), and I have no interest in playing a DK.

So, that's me, in a (rather large) nutshell, and where I'm coming from!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome... disagreement is fine, as long as the tone is civil. Objectionable comments will be deleted.