13 January 2010

Battered Hilt!


First time I've seen it drop, and I won it on my enhance/resto shaman.  *happy dance* 

Of course, after looking at the rewards, and thinking hard about it, and I decided to try to sell it.

If it takes too long to sell, I'll probably assign it to one of my alts who needs it the worst... but right now, I need the gold, badly.  Pre-3.3, I was making a thousand or two gold a week on enchanting mats - using Auctioneer Advanced / Enchantrix to scan for greens and blues to DE that would net me 3.5g or more in profit, sending to my druid for disenchanting, and back to my bank alt to list.

Now, after the group disenchant option, the AH is drowning in stacks and stacks of vastly underpriced Abyss Crystals, Dream Shards, and Infinite Dust.  The only enchanting mats that still seem to be selling well are the Greater Cosmic Essences.  I'm hoping the prices stabilize a bit instead of continuing to drop like a rock, and I can set a new "normal" price range and start unloading enchanting mats again.

In any event, my regular income has vanished, and I have been upgrading gear and having to buy gems, head and shoulder enchants, etc., as well as having to stock up on flasks for raiding.  I detest daily quests, and the disenchanting business was working oh-so-well for me for many months.  *sigh*

I really need to start farming on my herbalism alts again, and making flasks to sell, as they are holy cow expensive with everyone and their uncle trying to progress in ICC.

Adapt, or go broke, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome... disagreement is fine, as long as the tone is civil. Objectionable comments will be deleted.