27 May 2010

Another Kingslayer, and another 80

Been a while since I've had a rant to share, but I thought I'd toss up a couple-few updates, in case anyone bothers reading (and for posterity's sake, when I look back fondly on my WoW career as an old lady... lol).

First off, I've picked up another Kingslayer title, this time on my priest alt.  Her weekly ICC10 group used to struggle mightily with Rotface and Dreamwalker, but over time we've gotten a bit more cohesive as a unit, and picked up a few more skilled players (the ever-increasing zone buff doesn't hurt either).  Two Saturdays ago, we downed LK, and I found myself standing around Dalaran on an alt with a Kingslayer title.  It feels odd.

A couple of nights ago, my hunter hit 80 - that makes 7 level 80 characters, and only the second one who isn't a hybrid.  I took my time for the last several levels, after the dungeon finder went live I'd queue for one random per day (when I felt like it, which was certainly not every day) to get my two triumph badges, and quested while waiting in queue.  From level 78 on, I stopped questing, just to stretch out the pre-80 experience and get more triumphs in hand before hitting max level.  I was able to purchase 2 pieces of T9 the first night, and a third piece last night. 

I also made the decision to respec Survival (from my BM leveling build) as soon as I hit 80, so when that last instance run was over, I ported straight from Dalaran to Ironforge, and hit the trainer to respec.  Set myself up with a spec for me and my new wolf from the WoW.com Survival 101 guide, got Power Auras all configured to notify me when my cooldowns were up, and started learning how to play all over again.

About 10 heroic runs later, I got into a group with someone who was running RankWatch, which was the only reason I became aware that I completely forgot to train my level 80 abilities.   Epic fail.

Otherwise, let's see... my guild recruited half of a guild from another server to solve our raid attendance woes, so progression may pick back up again once the newbies get used to Sindragosa, which they hadn't even downed on 10 man before the transfer.  We've at least been seeing LK and getting a few attempts in every week now.

My main's 10 man crew stopped showing up for a few weeks, and the main organizers have given up on further scheduling, so I'm stalled at 9/12 hard modes in ICC10. One of my good friends from another guild was going to set up a 10 man group to include my main, but some of the people he was counting on including got snagged for a newly organized weekly run within my guild.  This may mean my main won't see her ICC drake after all, even though I'm 4 achievements away. :(

My shaman may be getting into that aforementioned new weekly group with some well geared and experienced mains, including a couple of 10m Kingslayers - they didn't have room for my main, but needed healers, and particularly wanted a shaman.   Three Kingslayer characters?  Is that too much?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome... disagreement is fine, as long as the tone is civil. Objectionable comments will be deleted.